THE ART OF FEEDBACK: LOOP GAIN AND THE ‘LARSEN EFFECT’
Time & Location
About the event
How many times in your personal or professional worlds are you faced with the challenge of giving or receiving feedback? And how many times have you been left disheartened, downbeat or even devastated by some well-intentioned yet poorly phrased or framed comments aimed at helping you to improve?
Feedback is absolutely an important part of the learning and growth process, as it does give us a sense of how far we are progressing and what else we need to keep developing. However, the manner in which feedback is offered, given or enforced often determines how we receive, what we do with it and how we allow it to shape, or not, or future behaviour.
The English Oxford Living Dictionary offers three definitions of the word 'feedback':
- Information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc. which is used as a basis for improvement.
- The modification or control of a process or system by its results or effects, for example in a biochemical pathway or behavioural response.
- The return of a fraction of the output signal from an amplifier, microphone, or other device to the input of the same device; sound distortion produced by this.
This engaging, interactive learning event will explore these various definitions, within the realms of the music world, i.e. the third definition above. Poor feedback in a musical sense can ruin a great performance, whereas individuals who really understand how feedback is created are able to apply their skills to genuinely enhance performance.
This workshop is aimed at anyone who, in the course of their personal or professional world, is required to give or receive feedback as part of their everyday roles. If you are someone who would like to better understand how feedback really works and how you can develop your skills and abilities in terms of both giving and receiving feedback, then this workshop is for you.
Whether you work for yourself, are employed within an SME or the third sector, work in the corporate landscape and want to step out of your everyday world for a while...or are simply curious about the workshop title; it would be great to meet you in Manchester.
Join us on 7th March for an interesting insight into the concepts of 'loop gain' and the 'Larsen effect' and how these can hep enhance performance...and create some new, inspiring connections along the way.
- The art of feedback£50£500£0
- BOGOF offer - LGBT Foundation£0£00£0
- LGBT Foundation team£0£00£0